8 HEALTHY EATING TIPS
For good health, eat a balanced diet with a wide variety of foods. Be physically active and only eat as much as you need.
1. Base meals on starchy foods – bread, cereals, rice, potatoes, pasta… They’re the best fill-you-up foods and sources of energy. Choose wholegrain, whole meal or “high fiber” varieties.
2. Eat lots of fruit and veg. At least 5 portions. Good for vitamins, minerals, fiber, antioxidants. Fresh, frozen, tinned, dried or 100% juice all count.
3. Eat more fish – including a portion of oily fish each week. They’re an excellent source of protein and other nutrients. Oily fish are rich in omega-3 fatty acids – good for heart health.
4. Cut down on saturated fat and sugar. Eat only occasionally. Eat in small amounts. They’re high in calories but low in nutrients. Choose lower fat and lower sugar versions when you can.
5. Eat less salt – no more than 6g a day for adults. Throw away the salt cellar. Choose lower salt foods. Too much salt can raise your blood pressure.
6. Get active and try to be a healthy weight. Walking is good. If you eat more than your body needs, you’ll put on weight. Get at least 30 minutes exercise on at least 5 days of the week.
7. Drink plenty of water. Drink six to eight glasses of water and other fluids a day. Drink more when it’s hot and when you’re active.
8. Don’t skip breakfast. A good breakfast gives you energy, as well as vitamins and minerals. Wholegrain cereals or bread, with fruit, make a great start to the day.
Laging tandaan: Healthy diet and healthy lifestyle are the keys to a healthy and good life. Alam na dapat natin ‘yan, mga besh, okay? 😉